So a bunch of Star Trek Beyond reviews went online last Friday, and I read a few of them to get a sense of what the movie would be about. Some of them hinted at a major revelation that comes up late in the film, but they declined to say what it was.
Now, however, Paramount has released a TV spot that might just give it away.
It’s possible, of course, that the spot in question doesn’t show the precise spoiler that the reviews avoided describing, but it does hint at something very significant about one character that we haven’t seen in any of the other videos released so far.
You can watch the TV spot at your own risk below:
Paramount has also posted a new featurette on director Justin Lin:
They also posted three new six-second character videos:
Update: Paramount also released the fourth and final trailer today:
The film opens this coming Thursday night (i.e. July 21).
Check out earlier Star Trek Beyond trailers and other videos here:
- The first trailer (December 14, 2015)
- The second trailer, the CBS All Access teaser and the ‘Fan Event’ video (May 20, 2016)
- The third trailer, the ‘Sledgehammer’ music video, and three featurettes on Rihanna and the making of her video (June 27, 2016)
- The ‘Discover’, ‘Bold’ and ‘Last Report’ TV spots (June 28, 2016)
- The ‘It’s Me, Not You’ clip, the ‘Jaylah’, ‘Kirk’, ‘Bones’, ‘Sulu’ character videos, and the ‘Fly’, ‘Big Attack’, ‘Discover’ and ‘Bold’ TV spots (July 1, 2016)
- The ‘Krall’ featurette, the ‘Sydney Premiere News Wrap’ video, and the ‘Unity’ TV spot (July 11, 2016)
- The ‘Scotty Meets Jaylah’ clip, the ‘UK Premiere’ video, and the ‘Skills’, ‘We Change’ and ‘Come with Me’ TV spots (July 13, 2016)
- The ‘Jaylah’ featurette and the ‘Millions’ TV spot (July 14, 2016)
- The ‘Shields Up’ clip (July 15, 2016)