Since the release of my book Psychic Witch: A Metaphysical Guide to Meditation, Magick & Manifestation, I have been honored and humbled to have people include it in subscription boxes and in book reading groups and clubs. A few times I was asked if I had a list of discussion questions for the book, so I decided to create some. These can be used for both your own personal journaling of the book, as well as to spark discussions in reading and studying groups of the book.
A few things I would like to address before you begin this book. One is that it’s okay to read the entire book first before going back and performing the exercises. The book is meant to be Master Class on psychic ability, energetic perception and manipulation and magickal manifestation. As such, when performing the exercises you should go at your own pace and decide for yourself when you’re ready to move on to the next one. One of the most commonly asked questions regarding my book Psychic Witch, is how long you should do each exercise. There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this because everyone is different and develops at their own pace. How long does it take for you to get the exercise to work successfully? That’s for you to decide. My intent, as stated in the introduction isn’t to prove that magick and psychic ability are real to you, but to have you prove it to yourself through direct experience.
Witchcraft, meditation, and psychism are considered practices. Many times in the book I compare it to practicing art, a musical instrument, or sports. For example, with martial arts you cannot say, “Do seven roundhouse kicks and you’ve mastered it” and have that be universally true for everyone. Everyone develops at their own pace and that’s the way it should be. Likewise, if you don’t practice roundhouse kicks actively, there’s a strong chance for ability to do it perfectly will decline. With practices we develop and hone our ability to do something with precision.
I also encourage people to check out this book review that Temperance Alden did on Psychic Witch. She asked me to discuss one exercise to include in her book review, so I picked the one that I get I the most questions and feedback on, the very first exercise in the book and include some tips and suggestions for approaching it.
- What are your feelings on New Age spiritual practices? What are your feelings on Witchcraft and the Occult? Do you feel drawn more to one side than the other? Do you reject or feel an aversion towards one? Why or why not?
- What are you looking to get out of this book? What are you hoping to learn or enhance?
- Do you feel psychic ability is a gift that only some people possess? Why or why not?
- What are your feelings around such strong words such as “Psychic” and “Witch”?
- Where are you in your path to psychic ability and witchcraft? Do you have daily practices? Have you revisited the “basics”?
- At this point, how do you feel about your ability to manifest and use successful magick?
- When you perform magick and energy techniques, can you sense them working on a level? If so, how do you perceive it? Do you feel you’re just going through the motions or relying on blind faith when casting magick?
- What are your own personal beliefs related to divinity? Do you have beliefs? Are you more agnostic or more atheistic?
Chapter 1 – The Power & The Sight
- Which Clairs do you feel are the strongest? Which Clairs do you feel need the most work or are blocked to you?
- With the difference in the definition provided for “psychic ability” and “intuition”, how have you experienced them in the past alone or combined?
- Have you had any psychic or magickal experiences as a child that feels profound compared to now? Do you know a child experiencing such things?
- What was your initial assumption about how Preliminary Focus (Exercise 1) would be? Did you find it more difficult than you expected?
- Why are imagination and the alpha brainwave so important to psychic ability?
- How comfortable were you with the Psychic Immersion (Exercise 2)? In what ways did you feel resistant to it? In what ways were you policing yourself, criticizing yourself, or questioning yourself?
- How comfortable were you with performing Psychic Affirmations (Exercise 3)? Did you feel silly, uncomfortable, or like you were lying to yourself?
- Why is neuroplasticity important in regards to affirmations?
Chapter 2 – Meditation
- What has your past experience been with meditation?
- When meditating, do you judge your mind for wandering?
- Which of the four relaxation technique did you find the most helpful?
- Try using the Psychic Dimmer (Exercise 8) when needed. What was your experience?
- How did your experiences with Elemental Square Breathing (Exercise 9), Solar Breathing (Exercise 10), and Lunar Breathing (Exercise 11) differ? How did your body, mind, and emotions feel for each one?
Chapter 3 – Tuning In
- Have you experienced psychic burnout or magickal impact before? What did it feel like?
- How did the feeling of Grounding (Exercise 12), Raising Terrestrial Energy (Exercise 13), Drawing Down Terrestrial Energy (Exercise 14), and Creating a Circuit (Exercise 15) differ for you?
- How did Centering (Exercise 16) feel for you?
- After Entering the Alpha Brainwave (Exercise 17) consciousness intentionally with the exercise, what was your experience? How did everything feel different when opening your eyes?
- Which Psychic Prompt (Exercise 18) did you choose to start training yourself to enter Alpha on command quickly? Is it something that you can perform without anyone noticing, yet set apart as a trigger you wouldn’t usually perform throughout your day?
- Have you used binaural beats before? What was your experience?
- Why is learning to Close Down and Exit Alpha (Exercise 19) important?
- What were your different experiences with performing the Psychic Cleanse (Exercise 20) and Calling Back Your Energy (Exercise 21), Rebalancing, and Polarizing (Exercise 22)?
- Why are these techniques crucial when working with psychic or magickal energy?
Chapter 4 – Extrasensory Perception
- What was your experience with the Spell to Awaken Your Psychic Abilities (Exercise 23)?
- When performing the Black Roses (Exercise 24), which Clair-senses did you perceive the easiest, which ones were the most difficult to perceive with?
- Using the Visualization (Exercise 25) advice, were you able to create a bridge between your inner and outer vision?
- What was your experience with the Psychic Activation by Candle Flame (Exercise 26)? Did you feel any physical sensations in your Witch Eye?
- What about the Witch Eye Cleansing and Charging (Exercise 27)? What were your experiences and did you feel any physical sensations in your Witch Eye?
- How did the two exercises differ in experience and physical sensation?
- Were you able to see the “basic auric energies” (the Etheric body) with the Seeing Basic Auric Energies exercise (Exercise 28)? What about Seeing the Aura’s Colors and Spirits (Exercise 29)? What were your experiences with that?
- What were your experiences with the Clairtangency exercises; Awakening the Hands (Exercise 30), Deep Feeling (Exercise 31), Creating an Energy Orb (Exercise 32), and Psychometry (Exercise 33)?
- What were your experiences with the Clairaudience exercises; Deep Listening (Exercise 34), Homing In on Sounds and Creating Links (Exercise 35), Creating Noise Associations (Exercise 36), and Hearing Spirits (Exercise 37)?
- Which music did you choose for the Homing In on Sounds and Creating Links (Exercise 35) exercise?
- What were your experiences with the Clairgustance and Clairalience exercises; Awakening the Mouth & Nose (Exercise 38), Conjuring Smell and Taste (Exercise 39), Creating Smell and Taste Associations (Exercise 40)?
Chapter 5 – Purification and Shielding
- Why is spiritual cleansing important for the self and your environment?
- How can you combine your physical hygiene practice with your spiritual hygiene practice?
- What were your experiences with the Psychic Purification (Exercise 41) and Lifting Heavy Energies Out of a Place (Exercise 42( exercises?
- How does the manner in which you speak affect your psychic shields and clarity?
- What were your experiences with the different protection exercises and how did those experiences differ energetically for you? Foundational Shielding and Protection (Exercise 43), The Filter Shield (Exercise 44), Full Shields Up: The Elemental Fortress Technique (Exercise 45).
- Without giving away what your psychic password is, what were your experiences with performing the Psychic Security System (Exercise 46) and Psychic Password (Exercise 47) techniques?
Chapter 6 – The Triple Souls of the Witch
- What are the three souls and how do they differ?
- What are the three worlds or realms of the Witch’s Tree and how do they differ?
- What are the three cauldrons and how do they differ?
- How do the three souls, three worlds, and three cauldrons intersect and how do they differ?
- According to this chapter, how can reincarnation, mediumship, hauntings, and ancestral work all be simultaneously true without conflict?
- What was your experience with tuning into the energy of another person; The Web of Connection (Exercise 48) and Performing a Health Scan (Exercise 49) techniques?
- Did you try the Memory Magick (Exercise 50) technique? Did you notice a difference?
- Why is a regular practice of Contemplative Inquiry (Exercise 51) important for the Psychic Witch?
Chapter 7 – The Lower Self and The Shadow
- What is the closest psychological comparison to the concept of the Lower Self?
- How are the Lower Self’s components (the shadow self & inner child) similar and different?
- What is your first reaction to the image of Baphomet?
- What does Baphomet symbolize in occultism? How do you feel about that? Are you more comfortable with the image?
- How did Invoking the Lower Self (Exercise 52) feel to you? What was your experience?
- What was your experience when Dialoguing with the Shadow Self (Exercise 53)?
- What were your experiences using the Lower Self magically and psychically; Lower Self Glamour Spell (Exercise 54) and Telepathy with Animals and Small Children (Exercise 55)?
Chapter 8 – The Higher Self and True Will
- How does personal will differ from True Will?
- What does it mean to have your personal will and True Will in alignment?
- Why is keeping a balance of serving yourself and serving others important?
- What is the closest psychological comparison to the Higher Self?
- How did Invoking the Higher Self (Exercise 56) feel to you? What was your experience?
- What was your experience with the True Will Synchronicity Meditation (Exercise 57)? What did your spirit team look like? What did your Higher Self look like in the suspended mirror? Which symbol were you given?
- What were your experiences using the Higher Self magically and psychically; Spell to Transmute Blockages Towards True Will (Exercise 58) and Universal Unity (Exercise 59)?
Chapter 9 – Flames of the Witch’s Souls
- Why is working with the three souls individually and important for psychic and magickal ability?
- What is the Witch Fire?
- How did the Soul Alignment and Witch Fire (Exercise 60) feel to you? What was your experience?
- What was your experience with the Basic Hands-On Healing exercise (Exercise 61)?
- Have you performed a healing modality before such as Reiki? How was this similar and how was it different?
Chapter 10 – Between the Worlds
- What is the importance of sacred space?
- What does “As Above, So Below; As Within, So Without” mean in relationship to sacred space?
- What are the functions and purposes of the magick circle?
- What was your experience with Painting with Light (Exercise 62)?
- What were your experiences and perception with Casting and Releasing the Circle (Exercise 63)?
- How did the energy in your environment feel before casting a circle, after casting a circle, and after releasing a circle?
Chapter 11 – The Elemental Forces
- How do the elemental energies differ from their symbolic counterparts of physical earth, air, fire, and water?
- What was your experience with Attuning to the Elements (Exercise 64) for each element and how did the experiences differ for each?
- What was your experience for Conjuring Elemental Energy for Charging and Sending (Exercise 65) for each element and how did the experience differ?
- When Calling the Quarters (Exercise 66), did you perceive any changes when each Watchtower was called upon?
- What was your perception and experience after you dismissed them (Exercise 67)?
Chapter 12 – Terrestrial Energy
- In what ways might you already engage in animism?
- What are some examples of average people unconsciously engaging in animism regularly?
- Why is the Schumann Resonance significant for psychics and witches?
- What were your experiences Connecting to Gaia (Exercise 68) and Connecting to the Spirit of Place (Exercise 69)?
- What was your experience Scrying with Nature (Exercise 70)?
- If the Earth is a consciousness with smaller forms of consciousness within it, what might this imply with the concept of a person’s souls?
Chapter 13 – Celestial Energy
- Why is understanding Correspondence and the Doctrine of Signatures important?
- What were your experiences Attuning to the Planetary Energies (Exercise 71)? Were experiences with certain planets more powerful than others for you?
- What was your experience Conjuring Planetary Energy for Charging and Sending (Exercise 72)?
- Try attuning to a planetary energy on the day which it rules and/or on its planetary hour. Do you notice a difference from attuning to it while on a day or hour it doesn’t rule?
Chapter 14 – Multidimensional Manifestation
- Why is having a clear reality map for the self and reality helpful in magick and psychic ability?
- What was your experience with performing Multidimensional Mind Magick (Exercise 73)?
- What was your experience with Performing a Full Magickal Spell Ritual (Exercise 74)?
- Why is understanding the layers of reality and how they correspond to the different auric body layers important for spell casting?
Chapter 15 – Psychic Spells and Magick Tricks
- Which of these instant psychic spells (Exercises 75-93) did you have the best experiences and success with?
- How has everything in this book led to being able to get these instant psychic spells to work in a way that might be more difficult without it?
- Now that you’ve read and performed all of the exercises in the book, how might you alter some of the things in this book to suit your own practice of witchcraft?
- How has your idea of imagination changed since starting this book?
- Why is psychic perception important for stronger magick?
- How has your relationship to magickal and psychic practices changed since starting this book?
Ways To Support My Work: