Well, I (Chris) am excited to be doing a bunch of Slow Church events in the Mid-Atlantic states next month… I’m looking forward to going back to the area in which I grew up, to meeting new folks and to igniting some conversations about Slow church!
If you live near one of these events, I hope you can be there and bring a friend or two.
If you don’t live close enough, maybe you have friends — particularly in the DC or Lancaster/York, PA areas — that might enjoy participating in a conversation about Slow Church. Please help me spread the word! (I have provided Facebook invites with all the details where available)
- Friday Nov 7. – Slow Church reading and conversation with Byron Borger of Hearts and Minds Books
at Living Word Community Church – Red Lion, PA (Not far from York, PA) 7-9pm
- Saturday Nov 8 – Sun Nov. 9 – Episcopal Service Corps Retreat (Not open to the public)
- Sunday evening Nov. 9 – Elizabethtown Brethren in Christ Church
– Elizabethtown, PA 6pm Host: Thomas Grosh
- Monday morning Nov 10 – Evangelical Theological Seminary Breakfast – 7:30am
at Acorn Farms – Mt. Joy, PA (Lancaster Co.) Host: Thomas Grosh
- Monday evening Nov 10 – DC Christian Reformed Church – 7 pm
Host: Meg Jenista.
- Tuesday Nov 11 – Virginia Theological Seminary – Alexandria, VA
Forum Conversation 1pm Host: Ragan Sutterfield
- Wed Nov 12 – Commonwealth Baptist Church – Alexandria, VA – 7pm
- Thurs. Nov 13 – Baltimore, MD – Slow Church conversation
Host: Steve Hamilton (Contact him for more details)