…by endorsing him for President. According to HuffPo, he attended a fundraiser for Romney in Sun Valley, Idaho on Friday and said:
“Now more than ever do we need Gov. Romney. I’m going to be voting for him,” Eastwood told Romney supporters Friday night.
“He just made my day,” Romney said. “What a guy.”
Standing at Romney’s side, Eastwood said he was filming “Mystic River” in Massachusetts almost a decade ago when he first saw political advertisements featuring Romney, who was running for governor at the time.
“I said, God, this guy, he’s too handsome to be governor, but he does look like he could be president,” Eastwood joked. “As the years have gone by I began to think even more so about that.”
Eastwood, 82, said he hoped Romney would restore “a decent tax system that we need badly … so that there’s a fairness and people are not pitted against one another as who’s paying taxes and who isn’t.”
- Chick-fil-A, Boycotts, and our Freedom
- Scenes from a Chick-fil-A in Tennessee
- The Profound Theological Awesomeness of the Superman Trailers
- What is the Predominant Religion on The Bachelorette?
- Justin Bieber: Abortion is Killing a Baby
- Office Depot’s Lady Gaga Initiative Insults True “Bravery”
- I’m a White Republican Raising a Black Child: Deal with It