When Chris Christie was announced as the keynote speaker of the GOP convention, the political gossip mill immediately assumed this meant he was out of the Veepstakes. Tonight, Greta Van Susteren posted an e-mail she received which might indicate former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is not going to be Gov. Romney’s pick either:
Urgent: Haley, Martinez, Rice to speak at GOP convention
Per Pergram-Capitol Hill
Fox has learned that the Republican convention will announce early tomorrow that key speakers at the convention will will be South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R), New Mexico Gov. Susanna Martinez (R) and former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will be announced in the coming hours as major speakers at the convention.
Sources were not specific to time or date. Of course the Rice speaking engagement is interesting, ala Chris Christie…and what this means for the possible number two slot on the ticket.
U.S. House of Representatives
Does this mean Rice — or even Christie — are really out of the Veepstakes? Not necessarily. But it does seem less likely.
Read more on the Faith and Family Channel
- Chick-fil-A, Boycotts, and our Freedom
- Scenes from a Chick-fil-A in Tennessee
- The Profound Theological Awesomeness of the Superman Trailers
- What is the Predominant Religion on The Bachelorette?
- Justin Bieber: Abortion is Killing a Baby
- Office Depot’s Lady Gaga Initiative Insults True “Bravery”
- I’m a White Republican Raising a Black Child: Deal with It