This comes from the most recent post by Larry Solomon of Biblical Gender Roles and it is a very interesting and revealing read. It is in response to an email Larry received from the husband of a wife with a heart condition who can do very little. He complains about what he says is the entitlement mentality of the disabled wife.
This idea of ‘entitlement’ is laughable considering that the Christian Patriarch Movement is rife with men feeling and believing that their marriage license entitle them to:
- Sex upon demand without refusal
- A wife that cooks and serves his favorite foods before his tummy even rumbles
- A wife that keeps the house and yard model home clean and tidy without any effort by him
- A wife that cheerfully picks up his dirty socks and underwear and any other thing he drops while behaving like his home is a hotel room
- A wife that raises the children with almost no help or input from him
- The freedom to do what he wants when he returns from work with zero obligations
- …along with a zillion other things he could easily do himself
Here’s what Larry had to say:
Yet somehow if a wife has to fulfil all the listed roles above the husband is not exhibiting an entitlement attitude?
Stay in touch! Like No Longer Quivering on Facebook:
Read our hate mail at Jerks 4 Jesus
Check out today’s NLQ News at NLQ Newspaper
Contact NLQ at SuzanneNLQ@gmail.com