I hate having to post about Lori Alexander of The Transformed Wife so often. But she has turned into the foremost purveyor of the most ridiculous ideas, toxic tropes and twisted theology that has a body count. Today she spoke at her blog about the issues of consent in marital sexual relations. Lori is not a big fan of consent.
Lately in the chatroom Lori has been on a binge about spousal rape. She thinks women that cry rape in marriage are doing it merely because they didn’t feel like sex, as a revenge thing. A petty piffling punishment against their husbands. Lori claims it only happens in marriages where there is other abuse ongoing at the same time.
Wait a minute there! Rape at its core involves consent. One partner consenting to have sex with the other partner. It does not matter if they are married, living together, a date, a bar pick up or strangers. Consent matters! It’s really the only thing that matters in all of these relationships.
No one, male or female, owes anyone else sex. If you’re married hopefully you’ll want to take care of your partner’s needs more often than not. But you must consent! Consent is the law.
Not according to Lori:
There are more screen caps of ladies attempting to reason with Lori over this issue of consent. The names are blanked out except for Lori’s. Jesus wept.
A few statistics on marital rape from RAINN – Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network
- Fourteen percent of married women report they were raped by their spouse. This percentage probably underestimates the true prevalence of marital rape. (Russell)
- Of reporting women, 23 percent reported rape and sexual assault as the only abuse in the marriage. (Russell)
- As with rapists in general, the marital rapist is not a “crazed sex fiend.” He is generally a man who sees sex as a solution to all marital problems, as well as the source of validation for masculine identity.
- Marital rape is not always a part of battered women’s syndrome. However, at least half of all battered women are also survivors of marital rape. (Russell)
- Adult female survivors of marital rape are in a higher percentage bracket to have been sexually molested as children. (Lystad, Frieze, Russell)
- A national survey found 10 percent of all sexual assault cases reported by women involved a husband or ex-husband attacker. (Rape in America, 1992, National Victim Center)
- Under at least one section of the sexual offense codes (usually those code sections regarding force) marital rape is a crime in all 50 states.
Stay in touch! Like No Longer Quivering on Facebook:
Copyright notice: If you use any content from NLQ, including any of our research or Quoting Quiverfull quotes, please give us credit and a link back to this site. All original content is owned by No Longer Quivering and Patheos.com
Read our hate mail at Jerks 4 Jesus
Check out today’s NLQ News at NLQ Newspaper
Contact NLQ at SuzanneNLQ@gmail.com