Yesterday was a day of shame and horror for Catholics in America
Fourteen of our senators who identify publicly as Catholics voted against a bill that would outlaw late term abortion.
For anyone who is unfamiliar with this barbaric procedure, here is a reminder.
Remember the baby feels pain at this stage as he is dismembered.
The senators who vote to allow this to continue in America are:
- Maria Cantwell – Washington
- Susan Collins -Maine
- Dick Durbin – Illinois
- Kirsten Gillibrand – New York
- Heidi Heitkamp – North Dakota
- Tim Kaine – Virginia
- Patrick Leahy – Vermont
- Ed Markey – Massachussetts
- Catherine Cortez Masto – Nevada
- Claire McCaskill – Missouri
- Bob Menendez – New Jersey
- Lisa Murkowski – Alaska
- Patty Murray – Washington
- Jack Reed – Rhode Island
Therefore these fourteen can be blamed for what happened yesterday.
What kind of Catholic Church are we if their pastors and bishops do not stand up publicly and rebuke these fourteen politicians?
If you have any voice. If these people are your senators, make your voice heard. If they are the senators from your diocese write to your bishop and ask what he is going to do about it.