"Test everything; hold fast to what is good."
Follow PatheosProgressive Christian:
In case you missed them, here are the posts that got the most attention here last month.
15. Tim LaHaye pans script for ‘Left Behind’ reboot
14. NRA: Like there’s no tomorrow
13. The adults who taught and encouraged this are guilty of child abuse
Posts labeled “NRA” refer to the novel “Nicolae: Rise of the Antichrist,” not to the National Rifle Association. Just wanted to clarify that so we don’t get our delusional, frighteningly influential, paranoid institutions mixed up.
12. Michele Bachmann, Rick Warren: Telling lies for Jesus that hurt poor women
11. NRA: A responsive reading
10. NRA: Mojo rising
9. ‘Stop it, punish it, corral people, shame people’
8. Noah’s ark, manna, and a convenient device for ignoring the inconvenient point
7. NRA: Not of this world
6. Christian college fires woman for not getting abortion
5. A delusional fantasy ‘on fire’
4. Culture-war diaries
3. Notes from the Culture War
2. Hop on pop — Bergoglio now Pope Francis
1. The ‘biblical view’ that’s younger than the Happy Meal
In the preview, he calls it a ‘rap’ video, as if it were not rap. What constitutes it as not-rap? Is rap a quality statement now?
Wait, now, looking at that book cover, is it “Rise of the Antichrist”, or just “Rise of Antichrist”??
Just, “Rise of Antichrist”. I think that in L&J world that’s the more theologically correct construction.
What, you’ve never seen anyone refer to the Spice Girls/Nickelback/etc. as “music,” with the quotes?
I would like to propose that all future abortion threads link all comments back to the 2012 post. At over six hundred comments, surely we have exhausted that particular topic. Pie threads should continue on as per usual, however. One can not exhaust pie.
I generally take posts such as this an an opportunity to do the same thing for my blog and hope that maybe, just maybe, someone other than me will do it too and we can get a sort of listing of blog posts by Slacktivites. So far that has utterly failed, but so it goes.
Still, I know I’m not the only commenter here with a blog, people should share their stuff more. Thus I shall continue the most self indulgent version of “be the change” imaginable by doing some self promotion. I encourage others to do the same.
This last month was a low word time for me (also low on sleep, water intake, food intake, and more or less anything else that required me to take an active interest in the business of living a life. But I got better.) I wouldn’t have 15 things to show even if listed every single post including one that was announcing a week long sale that has since ended, and there’s no point in doing that.
13. It’s the day before Buy a Lot of Cadbury Eggs Monday
12. Snarky Twlight – Non-food analogies
11. My Biblical Argument for Marriage Equality (and against both homophobia and trans*-phobia in general)
10. Well… fuck.
9. The Van Scene, if Alice used her power
8. Random things
7. I’m not well at the moment
6. I was asked to share this (What the corporate jet tax loophole could pay for if closed)
5. Not getting a ride home and being out of oil
4. This looks like a situation that calls for civil obedience
3. Apparently a bus is seven times faster than a pedestrian; or I met Izzy!
2. Selma Botman and the good and bad of Wikipedia
1. chris the cynic’s Guide to making Bad Movies for the Sci-Fi Channel
I’m listening to it for the first time, now. The music doesn’t match the spoken rhythm, and the words are really, really slow and… actually almost entirely without rhythm. Honestly, I think rap takes a little more than just a rhyme at the end of most lines. Compare that video to this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvVO6Y-3CM8 Both are fairly slow, at least in some places, but there’s a rhythm in the latter that just isn’t… there, for the former.
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow Patheos on
Copyright 2008-2014, Patheos. All rights reserved.