Last week it was announced that head of the New IFB and pastor at Faithful Word Baptist Church Steven Anderson has been banned from Ireland. This is literally the first time anyone has been officially banned from the Emerald Isle. First person ever. Driven out like Saint Patrick supposedly removed the snakes from Ireland.
But this is not Anderson’s first time being banned from a country. He’s been banned from entering South Africa, Great Britain, Scotland, Malawi, Canada, the Netherlands and Botswana.
Steven had a copy of the letter banning him from the Netherlands up at his website. The Netherlands banning is more crucial that his other bans because it blocks him from entering any other country that is part of the European Union. That’s a lot of countries he can no longer go on ‘soul winning’ missions in.
That’s a pretty radical step, the government of a country blacklisting him. What for, I hear you say, an entire laundry list of offenses. From the RationalWiki entry on Anderson with further explanations from NLQ:
- Bullying people for the way they look, think, and act by making judgments about their sexuality.
- Making false accusations about someone. He has done this many times with many different pastors. Remember his recent accusations against Adam Fannin, the guy he calls the Polka Dot Pastor and Jeff Durbin? These are only a few of the folks that Anderson has seemingly slandered or libeled in his quest to root out homosexuality and other sins.
- Forcing a sexuality on someone for arbitrary reasons (calling someone a homosexual because they’re a celebrity, appeal to women and teen girls, or “look effeminate”). Steven loves to blame trendy styles, skinny jeans, polka dots, wearing shoes while running and all sorts of weird things as gay.
- Praying for death onto others. Back during the Obama administration Anderson prayed and spoke about his believe that President Obama should die. He prays for the deaths of anyone of a different sexuality than his.
- Using childish derogatory terms like “libtard”, “faggot”, “queer”, “sissy”, “retard” and “homo” to describe people, including other pastors and president Obama and claims it as “Biblical language”. If there is a demeaning name for a people group Anderson has shown himself not shy about using those names.
- Generalizing people because of a minority. “All actors are sodomite faggots” and “People who don’t like me are homos”. This applies most strongly to anyone that does not live exactly like Anderson does.
- Attacking other preachers because they don’t preach against homosexuality, abortion or other religions. He does not confine his attacks on pastors to mere preaching. Anderson also likes to speculate on the sexuality of other pastors based on the way they dress and other minor things.
- Attacking other peoples’ religions. He is a Holocaust denier and has openly mocked Catholicism and many other mainstream religions from the pulpit. Most of which can be viewed on his YouTube channel.
- Attacking other Christian fundamentalists (Ray Comfort, Jack Chick) for not believing exactly like he does. Anyone whose theology does not line up 100% with his own is a target for his scorn.
- Mocking people with disabilities such as autism and Down syndrome. He and his wife Zsuzsanna do not believe in vaccinations or most routine medical treatmeants, mocking “Big Pharma” or a government scheme to control people.
- Or believing that those disabilities are just a pharmaceutical hoax and that they “just need more beatings”.
- Mocking anyone that disagrees with or questions him. This includes violently threatening people and having them physically removed from his church for merely asking questions.
- Mocking anyone he disagrees with. Again, he will invent things, or come up with a train of reasoning leaving those he dislikes into his demonizing them.
- Circular reasoning He’s not educated or smart enough to actually be able to defend his positions beyond quoting the King James Bible and spewing insults.
- Yelling at people to leave if they don’t agree with him or question him. See above.
- Claiming that all actors that women “idolize” are “sodomite faggots” who “don’t even like women” such as Leonardo DiCaprio, Keanu Reeves (claims that he acted in “sodomite porn”, but of course has no proof of this), Justin Bieber (who is actually a singer, not an actor), Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp. He acts like a jealous 14 year old boy who is somehow threatened by popular celebrities.
- Basically hates all celebrities and mocks any that die such as Prince and George Michael. Steven loves to use dead celebrities to make claims about them being in hell, or having been pedophiles.
- Tricked Holocaust survivors into appearing in a self produced film denying that the Holocaust happened at all.
- Churning out films based on simplistic and false conspiracy theories too crackpot even for Alex Jones.
Stay in touch! Like No Longer Quivering on Facebook:
Copyright notice: If you use any content from NLQ, including any of our research or Quoting Quiverfull quotes, please give us credit and a link back to this site. All original content is owned by No Longer Quivering and Patheos.com
Read our hate mail at Jerks 4 Jesus
Check out today’s NLQ News at NLQ Newspaper
Contact NLQ at SuzanneNLQ@gmail.com