This Wisdom Podcast, recorded live as a Wisdom Dharma Chat, features a conversation with Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche and host Daniel Aitken. Rinpoche is the author of two bestselling books and oversees the Tergar Meditation Community, an international network of Buddhist meditation centers. He is the son of the renowned meditation master Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche and was formally enthroned as the seventh incarnation of Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche by Tai Situ Rinpoche when he was twelve years old. In addition to his extensive background in meditation and Buddhist philosophy, Mingyur Rinpoche has held a lifelong interest in psychology, physics, and neurology.
Mingyur Rinpoche and Daniel talk about:
- recently filming our upcoming Wisdom Academy course with Mingyur Rinpoche and Venerable Anālayo;
- object- and subject-oriented meditation techniques;
- śamatha and vipaśyanā in the Mahāmudrā context;
- recognizing awareness in meditation as opposed to daydreaming;
- emptiness and manifestations of the mind;
- śamatha in generation stage Vajrayana and the book Creation and Completion;
- and much more.
Remember to subscribe to the Wisdom Podcast for more great conversations on Buddhism, meditation, and mindfulness. And please give us a 5-star rating in Apple Podcasts if you enjoy our show—it’s a great support to us and it helps other people find the podcast. Thank you!
The post Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche: Recognizing Awareness (#146) appeared first on The Wisdom Experience.