My post asking whether Muslims and Catholics worship the same God was probably the most mis-understood post I have ever written. I’ve had a good number of comments from people who understood and appreciated it, and a good number of comments from people who did not seem to understand what I was saying at all.
What I said: Christians and Muslims worship the same God because there is only one God. However, the Islamic understanding of the one God is defective.
What I did not say:
- Christians and Muslims believe the same things about God.
- Christianity and Islam are much the same
- Because Christianity and Islam are the same it doesn’t matter which one you choose
- Islam is an admirable religion
- I like everything about Islam
- The Koran is equal to the Bible
- Sharia law is okay by me
- Muslims and Christians agree on just about everything
- I am in favor of a one world religion called “Chrislam” and Pope Francis is it’s prophet
- Muslims are all people of peace and our brothers in the faith
- We are all climbing the same mountain we are simply going up different paths
- All you need is love….Love is all you need
- Imagine no religion
- All we are sayin’ is “Give Peace a Chance.”