Trust me, it’s crazy to see your life on television. That’s why every week, I’m going to do a blog posts called “On Second Thought.” These posts are where I will go over the episodes of my Lifetime show as I process the issues presented now that I’ve seen them aired. I hope you’ll join me for these weekly posts – which will undoubtedly be part-confession, part-explanation, and part-celebration of my life right now!
Episode Eleven, Air Date: July 24, 2012
I miss my sister when she’s not living in the same city. Because we’re four years apart so we’re either best friends or worst enemies depending on the day! Willow went to Arizona to hair school, and I’m proud of her for pursuing her dreams. But I missed her and – finally — Gino, Tripp, and I packed up and went south for a visit.
Also, this blog made its Lifetime debut! Many of you awesome readers have been here from my very first post. I so appreciate having a place like this to share my life with you guys. Thanks for sticking with me all the way. (If you want to be a super-reader, please subscribe by clicking here. I can have each post sent to you by e-mail!) If you’re a long time reader, you know that normally this blog consists of my thoughts about faith and family, and sometimes politics. Once or twice, I’ve written posts that caught fire. As this episode was filming, we were dealing with the aftermath of this post in which I questioned President Obama’s decision-making process regarding gay marriage. Which, you might remember, was quite strong.
However, that’s the good thing about America. We have the right to speak out. In fact, if we love our country, we should.
In this episode, Willow asked if Gino lives with me. However, Gino and I decided long ago that living together before marriage is not the right thing to do.
Things I learned during this episode: Willow doesn’t have a high tolerance for pain. (She was scaring me when she went first on the Cool Sculpting!) Also, I don’t think she really wanted a bear in her apartment!!Oh, and one more thing I learned. Bull riding is scarier than I thought it would be. That was a long few seconds, but I was proud of Gino for doing so well.
You might also enjoy these articles on the Faith and Family Channel:
- See the Promo for Life’s a Tripp
- On Second Thought: Episode 1 (Intro to the Show!)
- On Second Thought: Episode 2 (The Infamous “Bar Fight”)
- On Second Thought: Episode 3 (Sticking Our Tongue Out at the Media)
- On Second Thought: Episode 4 (The Pain of Fatherhood)
- On Second Thought: Episode 5 (Bristol Goes to Washington!)
- On Second Thought: Episode 6 (How Do I Get Tripp to Behave?)
- On Second Thought: Episode 7 (I Shouldn’t Have Hit Willow With the Fridge!)
- On Second Thought: Episode 8: (The Iron Pup Can Wait)
- On Second Thought: Episode 9: (Iron Dog and Hair Aspirations)
- On Second Thought: Episode 10: (Traveling with Tripp)
Connect with me further by:
- Buying My Book
- Following Me on Facebook
- Following This Blog on Twitter
- Getting these Posts Sent to Your E-Mail!