Trust me, it’s crazy to see your life on television. That’s why every week, I’m going to do a blog posts called “On Second Thought.” These posts are where I will go over the episodes of my Lifetime show as I process the issues presented now that I’ve seen them aired. I hope you’ll join me for these weekly posts – which will undoubtedly be part-confession, part-explanation, and part-celebration of my life right now!
Episode Fourteen, Air Date: July 31, 2012
I’m thankful Gino takes Tripp fishing, because nature is a big part of every Alaskan’s life!
Have you ever seen a cuter dog? I bought Gino that sweet Newfoundland, because hoped it would give him a tiny taste of what it’s like to have a baby! After all, if we did get married and have kids, it would be hard work.
It turned out to be a great gift, because Gino loved him! Of course, we immediately disagreed on a name. That’s when I brought the question to you guys! (At the end of the episode, we reveal what you already know – we settled on Riot. At least for a bit. Would you believe Gino changed his name back to Raider!?)
So how many of you have gone bear baiting? This is a legal way to hunt bears in Alaska. You set up a station with old food – whatever you have around the house works – and it brings the bears to you. This time, of course, it brought Gino and me together! When Gino gave me that promise ring, I was really excited. Not that you could tell. It’s important to be quiet when you’re hunting, so it cracked me up that the entire exchange was in hushed tones. Gino said the ring was symbol that he’d be “faithful and loyal and loving” and that we might one day get married.
Stay tuned to see if that actually happens. I’ll be happy to find out if that happens as well. However, the promise ring created one of the best lines of the season:
“I love you. Okay, now let’s shoot a bear.”
Thanks for coming along with me during this adventure of “Life’s a Tripp.” It was a wonderful way to let all of you into my life in a fun way.
You might also enjoy these articles on the Faith and Family Channel:
- See the Promo for Life’s a Tripp
- On Second Thought: Episode 1 (Intro to the Show!)
- On Second Thought: Episode 2 (The Infamous “Bar Fight”)
- On Second Thought: Episode 3 (Sticking Our Tongue Out at the Media)
- On Second Thought: Episode 4 (The Pain of Fatherhood)
- On Second Thought: Episode 5 (Bristol Goes to Washington!)
- On Second Thought: Episode 6 (How Do I Get Tripp to Behave?)
- On Second Thought: Episode 7 (I Shouldn’t Have Hit Willow With the Fridge!)
- On Second Thought: Episode 8: (The Iron Pup Can Wait)
- On Second Thought: Episode 9: (Iron Dog and Hair Aspirations)
- On Second Thought: Episode 10: (Traveling with Tripp)
- On Second Thought: Episode 11: (Grin and “Bear” It)
- On Second Thought: Episode 12: (First Love, Then Marriage)
- On Second Thought: Episode 13: (Camping and Baby Bottles)
Connect with me further by:
- Buying My Book
- Following Me on Facebook
- Following This Blog on Twitter
- Getting these Posts Sent to Your E-Mail!
New: Want to be a part of my Dancing with the Stars journey? Sign up for special newsletters for the behind-the-scenes scoop! E-mail me so I can add you to my mailing list. (My address is BristolsBlog @ gmail.com, without the space! Make sure to use the subject line: DWTS.)