Many of you don’t know that my brother is in his second tour of duty in a combat zone. Maybe that’s why this video, of Sgt. Jeremy Cooney arriving home from Afghanistan, touched me so much. His son, who has cerebral palsy, learned to walk during his deployment as a surprise for his dad. As you watch the video of Sgt. Cooney seeing his son walk for the first time, let’s also remember the men who never got to be welcomed home.
Thank you, military families who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. You are in our hearts today.
You might also enjoy:
- Hail to the Chiefs: Malia and Sasha Obama
- Hate in the Name of Love, Bullying in the Name of Tolerance
- What’s Better than Being a Palin?
- I’m No Victim
- On this one, I’m Team Hillary
- Mr. President, When Should I Expect Your Call?
- A Mom’s Love for Her Child, One Paper at a Time
- Defending the “Palin Pick”
Connect with me further by: