Noah is out in theatres now, and many of you have probably seen it for yourselves already — but in case you needed to watch one more clip before buying your ticket, the studio has released one. And like every other clip they’ve released so far, this one is carefully edited to avoid any hint of the Nephilim. Check it out — along with some information on the film’s box-office performance so far — below the jump.
First, here’s the clip:
Noah grossed $1.6 million in theatres last night — good, but not a record-breaker — and based on today’s matinees, with special attention paid to the film’s strong performance in cities that are “traditionally considered faith-based markets,” people are predicting that it could gross around $40 million for the weekend.
Some surveys indicate that older moviegoers are among the most interested in seeing this film, which — considering older folks don’t rush out to movies as quickly as the younger moviegoers do — could indicate the film will have strong “legs”.
Noah did not get the big push from church leaders that recent films like Son of God did, and some outlets — such as Entertainment Weekly and The Hollywood Reporter — have speculated that Noah could face some competition from the surprisingly successful God’s Not Dead, which is now in its second week.
But, as ever, we shall see.
Check out earlier videos and my shot-by-shot trailer analyses here:
- The first domestic and international trailers (November 14, 2013)
- The second international trailer (November 29, 2013)
- The Japanese trailer (December 3, 2013)
- The Super Bowl TV spot (January 29, 2014)
- The Russian TV spots (February 6, 2014)
- The Brazilian trailer (February 16, 2014)
The ‘Tyrant’ TV spot (February 24, 2014)
- The ‘Beginnings’ page on the movie’s website (February 27, 2014)
- The ‘Protect’ TV spot and ‘The Flood’ motion poster (February 28, 2014)
- The ‘Ark’ featurette, the ‘Ark Experience’ page on the movie’s website, the ‘Growth’ motion poster and the ‘Chosen’ TV spot (March 6, 2014)
- The ‘We Build an Ark’ clip and the extended international TV spot (March 10, 2014)
- The second domestic trailer with Emma Watson intro (March 11, 2014)
The ‘Begins’, ‘Live’, ‘Storm’, ‘Redemption’ and ‘Survive’ TV spots and the Empire motion poster (March 13, 2014)
- The Peruvian TV spot (March 15, 2014)
- The ‘It Begins’ clip, some Emma Watson soundbites, some B-roll footage and the first two Damaris Trust videos (March 19, 2014)
- The ‘Tubal-Cain’ featurette and some more B-roll footage (March 20, 2014)
- The ‘I’m Not Alone’ clip, the music video, the faith leaders video and the EPK (March 24, 2014)
- The ‘We Take the Ark’ clip, the ‘Animals’ featurette and a TV spot (March 25, 2014)