A.D. The Bible Continues slipped a bit in the ratings last night, but its second episode was still the top-rated entertainment program of the evening.
Deadline reports that A.D. had a 1.7 rating last night, which represents a 26% drop from the 2.3 rating that the first episode had last week. In terms of total viewers, the second episode fell to 7.6 million from last week’s 9.5 million.
To compare that to other ancient-set dramas produced by Mark Burnett and Roma Downey, the second episode of The Bible (i.e. the one with Samson and David) slipped 18% to 10.8 million viewers two years ago, while the second and final episode of The Dovekeepers slipped 28% to 6.4 million viewers a couple weeks ago.
The network, for its part, is already looking ahead to the third episode of A.D. and has posted two clips that don’t focus on the book of Acts at all but, rather, focus on the political tensions between Pontius Pilate, Herod Antipas and the Zealots:
They have also posted this 30-second preview, which hints at the relationship between Peter and his daughter, and also at the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost:
Plus, there is this five-minute clip of the Ascension and the execution of the soldiers who were guarding Jesus’ tomb, from last night’s episode:
Update: There is now also this minute-long recap of last night’s episode:
Check out earlier trailers and other videos here (though be warned: it appears that the network has taken some of the trailers and TV spots offline already):
- The first trailer (November 26, 2014)
- The ‘By Our Love’ music video (December 19, 2014)
- The ‘The Next Chapter of the Greatest Story Ever Told’ TV spot (January 12, 2015)
- The second trailer (January 17, 2015)
- The Super Bowl spot (February 1, 2015)
- The Newsboys’ ‘We Believe’ music video (February 10, 2015)
- The ‘First Look’ video (February 18, 2015)
- The ‘Special Preview’ video (February 24, 2015)
- The ‘Miracles’ clip, the ‘Igniting a Rebellion’, ‘He’s a Dangerous Man’ and ‘Power, Passion, Sacrifice and Glory’ previews, the Spanish trailer, the ‘33 Days’ video and the WNDU and KPRC interviews (March 10, 2015)
- The ‘On Location’ featurette and the WWLP and Entertainment Tonight interviews (March 16, 2015)
- The ‘Mother Mary’, ‘Peter’, ‘John’ and ‘Mary Magdalene’ sneak peeks, the EPK materials, the ‘The Next Chapter of the Greatest Story Ever Told’ and ‘Beyond A.D. with Jason Kennedy’ previews, and the Tony Evans, Geoff Tunnicliffe, O.S. Hawkins and Joel C. Hunter endorsements (March 20, 2015)
- The half-hour making-of special, the ‘Caiaphas’ and ‘Pilate’ sneak peeks, the Today show set visit, the Zap2it interview, the Roma Downey video on prayer for Guideposts, the Jefferson Bethke and ‘Faith Raves’ videos, and the Sam Rodriguez, Pat Robertson, Ronnie Floyd and Jim Daly endorsements (March 25, 2015)
- The extended and ‘Stay with Me’ trailers, two previews, the Tonight Show interview, the ‘Peter’, ‘John’, ‘Mary Magdalene’, ‘Mother Mary’, ‘Caiaphas’ and ‘Pilate’ character profiles, and the Bishop T.D. Jakes, Robby Dawkins, Matthew Barnett, Danilo Montero, Mark Jobe, Ron Luce, Mark Batterson, Gabriel Salguero, Rick Warren, Cardinal Wuerl and Joel Osteen endorsements (April 4, 2015)
- The Episode 1 recap, the ‘Condemned and Crucified’, ‘Escaping Jerusalem’ and ‘Jesus Reunites with His Apostles’ clips, the ‘The Resurrection of Jesus’ preview, and the ‘Jesus’ character profile (April 6, 2015)
- Two Beyond A.D. previews, the ‘Episode 2’ preview, the ‘Watch Sunday’s Number One Show!’ preview, and the Juan Pablo Di Pace, Greta Scacchi, Adam Levy, Chipo Chung, Babou Ceesay, Denver Isaac, Pedro Lloyd Gardiner, Fraser Ayres, Jóhannes Haukur Jóhannesson, Richard Coyle, Vincent Regan, Mark Burnett & Roma Downey and Luciano Capozzi interviews (April 10, 2015)
- The first episode of Beyond A.D. (April 12, 2015)