Risen is out on Digital HD today, so here is a round-up of my top stories on that film, which depicts the death and resurrection of Jesus from the Romans’ point of view.
I interviewed Joseph Fiennes, who plays military tribune Clavius, in January.
My friend Matt Page covered the Rome premiere in February.
I reviewed the film when it came out in February.
I posted a scene guide with ten clips from the film (totaling about 21 minutes) and a thorough list of the Bible passages that each scene is based upon.
I wrote about some of the film’s deleted scenes.
And I rounded up interviews with the following filmmakers:
- director Kevin Reynolds and producers Mickey Liddell and Pete Shilaimon;
- Affirm Films senior vice president Rich Peluso;
- composer Roque Baños; and
- actors Joseph Fiennes, Tom Felton, Cliff Curtis and Richard Atwill.
The film comes out on Blu-Ray two weeks from now. I wrote about that, too, here.
I also covered the making of the film fairly extensively, going back to when it was first announced that the film was being developed back in March 2007.
You can see all my coverage of the film, past present and future, via the Risen tag.
Update: The studio has posted a 17-second ad for the film’s digital release:
May 24 update: The studio posted another 17-second ad for today’s DVD release:The studio has also re-issued one of the original trailers for today’s DVD release:
I also interviewed producer Patrick Aiello and his co-writer brother Paul last week.
Check out earlier Risen trailers and other videos here:
- The first trailer (April 29, 2015)
- The second trailer (August 28, 2015)
- The second trailer with updated release date (November 5, 2015)
- The ‘Clavius’ Journey’ and ‘Key Leaders’ featurettes (December 10, 2015)
- The ‘On Set & Behind the Scenes of RISEN’ featurette (December 15, 2015)
- The ‘Pastor Craig Groeschel On Why RISEN Makes An Impact’ featurette (January 13, 2016)
- The ‘From Script To Screen, Filmmakers Discuss The Making of RISEN’ featurette (February 2, 2016)
- The ‘Joseph Fiennes & Maria Botto Visit the Vatican’ featurette (February 4, 2016)
- The Regal Cinemas featurette (February 10, 2016)
- The ‘From THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST to RISEN with Film Editor Steven Mirkovich’ featurette, the ‘Vanished’, ‘Believe’, ‘Different’ and ‘Triumph Review’ TV spots, and the B-roll (February 12, 2016)
- The ‘The Truth’, ‘Triumph Review’ and ‘Triumph Review Pedigree’ TV spots (February 16, 2016)
- The ‘Risen is a Detective Story’ featurette (February 16, 2016)
- The ‘Dr. Rice Broocks’ featurette and the ‘Intense’, ‘Eternity’, ‘Different’ and ‘Triumph’ TV spots (February 22, 2016)
- The ‘#1 new movie’ TV spot (February 26, 2016)
- A British TV spot and a second Dr. Rice Broocks video (March 4, 2016)
- The ‘Easter’ TV spot (March 25, 2016)